Late Bloomer




I did two more sketches after my post yesterday. One self portrait and one really fast sketch of my daughter as I let the chicken noodle soup boil. I have always struggled with the far eye in a 3/4 view. Yesterday with a bit of fidgeting, I got pretty close. I was very happy about that. The self portrait is terrible, but I am posting it to keep things honest.

Progress does not always move in an upward motion. I have to learn to forgive myself for the "not so good" drawings I produce. There is something to be learned in every drawing. In this case, I learned a lot about my own concentration. While I was concentrating on getting my own head in the right place, my drawing suffered. When I was concentrating on the drawing, my ability to hold a position suffered. It is a lot like rubbing your head and patting your stomach for me.

I think I will get a lot better at taking a snapshot with my minds eye as I practice. If it takes 10,000 hours to become really good at something, I have a few more hours to work. I should probably get busy.

0 Comments