Back in the saddle

After many tries at many different social outlets, I find myself back here at blogger.

Without much ado, let me share what I am working on, currently. As you can see my first try with watercolor was a failure. That's nothing new for me. The advantage to failure is that I get to see where the problems are.

I started with a basic sketch in my sketchbook. From there took it to paper I could add watercolor to. Things were looking pretty good at the underpainting. Unfortunately, it all went downhill from there.

I decided to go for redraw. There is a distinct advantage to working on paper that is semi transparent. By looking at the image in reverse I can tell where the mistakes are. This is just a basic white sulfite paper from Dick Blick. http://www.dickblick.com/products/blick-white-sulphite-drawing-paper/?clickTracking=true. The advantage to using this paper is that I can draw on both sides. Once my drawing is complete I can transfer the final copy onto a clean sheet of paper.

I plan on giving this another try with a better drawing, and most importantly, a much better idea of what I want this illustration to look like.







0 Comments