Morning Friends


Getting back in the daily painting routine. Some days it flows and some days I have to really work hard for every correct brush stroke. Today was one of those easier days even though I was pressed for time.

All of these are 6x6 oil on gallery wrap canvas.










My set up in the corner is working out pretty good. Because it is the northeast corner of our house, the lighting is pretty controlled. I have double lamps to work under. One for the still life. One for the easel.



I did some 90 second posermaniac drawings this morning between loads of laundry. Nothing was worth scanning. It was meant to get my eyes working again. It has been a long time since I used them to analyze this way. Using the quick gesture as a warm up did some good.

My focus lately is to improve my understanding of perspective. It does not come natural to me. I have a skewed sense of where things are in the world around me. I am trying to make correct perspective an automatic response. That means lots of boxes and cylinders for a while.

These paintings are like my morning friends. They wait for me to get the hubby and kids out the door, let the dog out, let the dog back in, sometimes let the dog back out and get my laundry started. They sit patiently, while I do my chores. They don't seem to mind the many interruptions of my daily life. It is nice to have them back in my daily routine again.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 Comments