Filling my sketchbook

More Sketches out of the sketchbook.

I cannot resist the urge to shade things. I left the welder semi finished so that I could just show some lines. The more I did, the more I wanted to do. In fact, I can't promise I won't go fiddle with these more after I post this. As I type, there are things about both sketches screaming at me to fix them.

These were my references:
faucet
welder

I deviated a lot with the welder. He looks like he is about to fly away in my sketch. I kind of like that idea. I am not sure what he would fix, or why it is broken. I just know that I really like putting wrinkles around eyes. How is that for a wandering mind?

I am about half way to filling this sketchbook. This is probably the closest I have come to actually filling one before it gets lost, abandoned or ruined. If I do fill it, this will be my first sketchbook filled by me. I have several sketchbooks started by me and finished by the girls. I don't know what it is about my sketchbooks that makes them want to draw in them. My writing notebooks often suffer the same fate. I can say I have a hand full of those that are 100% my own work. I think its better to have changed hands than to never have been opened.

I am not sure what kind of sketchbook I am going to get next. I like the paper in this one, but there are so many to choose from at Dick Blick its kind of hard to decide.

0 Comments