Grateful



Grateful - Self Portrait
6x6 Oil on Panel




Honesty is a lot more than telling the truth or being fair with others. It is being able to look at yourself in the mirror and appreciating the person looking back. It sometimes means reaching deep inside yourself and forgiving yourself for things you can no longer change. At the same time it is taking ownership of of the wrong and making today as right as it can be.

I started my day telling someone I have owed an apology to for years that I am sincerely sorry. I am incredibly grateful for that opportunity. As a direct result, the face staring back in the mirror at me was softer. I didn't mind looking at her for hours. It started with a quick sketch and when that wasn't enough, I moved on to paint.

I have no explanation for the green other than it was there. I was in a green mood, I guess. Green could mean growth. Green could mean Go. Who knows. It just felt right for today.



Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments

Nardeeisms said…
Great post. The reason why makes the picture all the more meaningful - Nards