Green Grapes and a Wine Glass

Green Grapes and a Wine Glass
6x6
Oil on Panel

This one took me a couple days to finish. Between brush strokes I was getting reports from my daughter concerning the fire in her apartment building.

It was very surreal for her to stand in her living room looking at walls with art all over them and the ceiling that was once over her head, under her feet. She spent most of yesterday trying to recover anything that might have survived the water soaked, smoke filled experience. We took her a new bed and a few groceries. I was just very happy to see my kid and her dog (My only grandchild) alive. I am very proud of her for keeping such a good attitude about the whole experience.

Two news stories about this:

Displaced residents return to apartment fire scene

Dozens displaced after apartment fire


Technorati tags:
, , , , , ,

0 Comments