Starving artists and sketches



Scavenger Hunt #54 Sketches 1-3

My silly daughter signed up for an oil painting class and has no paint. She has no brushes, no palette, no linseed oil, no containers, no rags, no mineral spirits and no money. She does have some masonite panels she picked up from Lowes and some gesso I gave her, along with my gesso brush.

It would appear that I am moving on to dry media for a while. I guess I can live without my paints for a couple of weeks. Who knows, this might be very good for me.

I have (finally) done some sketches for Scavenger Hunt #54 on Wetcanvas. I have a little 4x6 sketchbook that I hardly ever use that I am dedicating to these hunts. I spent very little time on these. It is nice to do something a little less serious for a change. In fact, while I was sketching, it occurred to me that it took so little time, it might be a good thing to put into my morning schedule. Coffee and a couple sketches.. yes.. that does sound nice.

I will call this my "Dry spell" just to amuse myself.

Technorati Tags:, ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

0 Comments