Near the End of the Mess

The Reading Spot
16x20 Oil on Canvas

We went for another session today. There is still some refining to be done. I am not entirely happy with this. I am having a really hard time with her legs. I can blame it on the model and say that she has moved too much, but had I thought about the fact that I am working with a 12 year old, I would have taken a picture to get the forms and then worked with the live model as far as colors go.

I also learned that my eyes get lazy when I sit. I stand for hours in front of an easel and maintain a sharp eye as long as I don't get too tired. When I sit, I tend to get too involved with the canvas and less involved with the model. I know, I know.. it shouldn't matter, but for some reason it does for me.

This is one of those between paintings. It is between a flop and a success. Perhaps if I manage to get more of the background put in and warm up those legs a little in just the right spots so they read correctly, I can turn it around. Right now I am discouraged and my sunlight is gone. Before I go too bonkers on this, I am asking for advice on Wetcanvas HERE.

0 Comments