Her Shoes

They say the third time is the charm. I am going to switch subjects tomorrow. I had to give this one more shot to see if I could do it better. Composition is something that I struggle with. I do not seem to see the problem areas until the project is done and they are staring at me in the face. Although the painting practice is always good, even in a bad composition, I am going to take an extra minute to jot down some thumbnail sketches before I begin tomorrow.



I used much less white in this painting. I am not sure if you can tell, since my picture has some horrible glare, but overall there is a lot less "chalk" in this painting than the others. I am starting to understand a little more about my beginner palette. The more I understand, the more I enjoy using it.



Palette Info:

Winton

Titanium White

Ivory Black

Burnt Umber

Burnt Sienna

Yellow Ochre



Technorati Tags: ,

0 Comments