If you want to see the original post go here.
- Woman with a lute - Still needing strings on the lute.
- Because I miss her - Not even finished with the grisaille.
- The Structure of Man - Up to lesson 10
- Learn to use composition rules effectively - Working on that with some of my small studies.
- Learn to use color effectively - Working on that with some of my small studies.
- Fill my small pocket sized sketchbook - nothing (Shame on me!)
- Do at least one Silverpoint drawing - I have some ground tests running currently with copper.
- Complete enough paintings/drawings to participate in at least one of the local art shows - Working on that with some of my small studies.
- Complete at least one contemporary/surreal piece - nothing
- Complete at least one real self portrait - playing with an idea.
- Get in the practice of reviewing my goals monthly and mark my progress - Here I am!
- Produce a portfolio/body of work so I can make more goals - I am painting daily, not sure if it will all be "portfolio work", but its building.
I have discovered that doing these daily paintings is killing several birds with one stone. I am working on color, composition and building an inventory of paintings all at one time. I never saw myself as a still life painter, however the illustrative work I want to do includes still life, so I am going to use this winter weather to my advantage. At the end of my daily painting journey, I should be able to combine still life elements and figure studies with ease.
My motto this month is: It's not what you paint, but that you paint that matters!