Blue Vase


Blue Vase
6x6 oil on panel

I am not real happy with this picture. I think the painting looks better in real life than it does on here.

Today was fun. My ellipses are more accurate and it felt more natural. I am learning to get control of my colors a little better. I got some pretty nice darks without black and I combined some of my earth colors without making mud. Hooray!!

I got brave enough to really play with that doily. It was more fun than I first imagined. This is your basic boring vase in the middle of the panel kind of composition. I hope that the reflection adds interest without getting too busy. I ended up a little less "brushy", but when you step right up to it, it looks kind of cool. This vase would look great in a more populated still life.

Palette Info:
Titanium White
Burnt Umber
Yellow Ochre
Ultramarine Blue
Alizarin Crimson

0 Comments