Gestures

I did some doodles this weekend. I started off with a face that I ruined (then ruined on purpose) and moved to some poses in SenshiStocks gallery. These were real fast. The point was to capture movement, since I seem to be a little stiff. When I started using the pen to do the gestures, the one thing that distinctly stood out was how much I use my eraser.

From there I moved to Auroradreams Stock photo gallery and played around with some of her stuff. In the middle of the second page is a quick sketch I did while my daughter played Singstar on Playstation.


This is just a quick sketch of another one of Auroradreams poses. I think I was too tired and could not concentrate on what I was doing.


Her gallery was still up this morning when I got up and I decided to do a better drawing. I went way back in the archives and found this pose to try to capture.



I didn't pay attention to how long it took me to do this sketch, but I do know it was under an hour, which is pretty good for me. I have been using the envelope method of finding the angles and it has helped me speed up tremendously.

If I can get some housework done around here, I hope to get some more sketches done.

0 Comments