Getting Warmed Up

Monday I found out that I am going to be able to participate in the Friends of the Frankfort Library Art Show in November. It is an invitation only show and I am so very honored to be a part of it I can barely hold my composure. The Art League fall show is being held in October, so I need to prepare for that. Just when it didn't seem possible for things to get any better, I got in touch with my instructor at the Lafayette Atelier and he told me about life drawing sessions I can get in on for only $5! Holy Cow! I am not sure which to cheer about first, so I am just cheering my pea pickin' heart out in circles.

Of course while I am cheering, I am also picking up brushes, going through sketchbooks and getting a good inventory of my supplies. I have a lot of work to do. Between now and the end of October, I need to come up with 6 large pieces and as many small pieces as possible to put in these shows. I have so much to do and so little time to do it in! If the past is correct, that is where I get my momentum. What wonderful working conditions!

In the spirit of hard work, I started this morning out with a quick sketch.



If I am going to go to the life drawing session tonight, I need to remember how to sketch don't I? This was just a rock that the kids left on the front porch and it happened to be in the light. I don't think I will ever go down in history as The Great Rock Sketcher, but just in case, this is how I got started and I feel it is important to blog this moment.




Part of my master plan for getting so much work done in so little time is to resurrect a dead painting I started way back when. I put a layer of nice warm burnt sienna on the girls to get some warmth going on their pretty little faces. I will add layers and layers to them before this is over. I am very excited to have a reason to finish them!

Back in May I went with my daughter to receive a Oneness Blessing. While it may seem a little hoaky and even a little [insert theme from The Twilight Zone here], I have had lots of wonderful things happen to me. The skeptic in me says that it could be that I have improved my own attitude and this is a result. The spiritual side of me says that when I set my intent to be what life needed me to be, I set the wheels in motion. The true believer in me says that I am receiving what I need when I need it because that is the way of things. This is true now and has always been true. I haven't always appreciated what I received, but hindsight usually takes care of that.

What do I know for sure? Nothing. I know nothing for sure. I can't. I can only believe.. and I don't even know that for sure. Nards posted this question on her blog that has had me thinking in that nagging corner of the back of my head since I read it. It is a good thing I don't have to come up with a really good answer to that question!



Technorati tags:
, , , , ,

0 Comments