Trudging Forward

My daughter stands with one foot on her leg all the time. Not being very successful at capturing her stance, I began doodling to find the problem I was having with the interior structure. On the second page I began playing with the idea of cross contours.




For the second set of sketches I went to Deviant Art and found a couple new stock photo's that I could use. I ended up finding this and this. She has such a soft, kind looking face, I had to give it a second try when the first one did not turn out quite like I wanted it to. I made a collection for stock I have drawn studies from. I thought it would be nice to keep track of the stock I borrow to learn from. That will also make it very easy to return to do more studies later.




I am trudging forward. I don't say that in a discouraged sort of tone. It is uncertainty. I am giving my best effort to improve on something every day. Last night I could not get the proportions down to save my life. Today I did a little better. It took me forever and I erased a lot, but I am pretty satisfied with the results.

0 Comments