Curiosity

Curiosity
6x6
Oil on Panel

I had to go to jury duty today. We live in a small town. Trials that involve a jury are a big deal. I got there early. I am not sure why I felt like I had to be there early, but I did. I didn't want to scare anyone, so I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and put on some make up. Once the jurors were all gathered, the court secretary had us all go into an empty room and sign a roster. The defendant reached an agreement at 4:30 a.m. So here I was, all dressed up and nowhere to go. Early. That will teach me to be so curious, I suppose.

So I brought this sense of curiosity to the easel and started to paint. What if I painted in the kitchen instead of the computer room? What if I painted a half torso? What if I painted myself painting? What if I use that green again? What if I play with all of these triangles I see? What if I use this brush? What if I try to put all of this on a little 6x6 panel?

I got a really bad start on this. I nearly gave up at the initial drawing. 6x6 can be crazy small for someone who loves to paint details. I could pick this to death, but I think I will just celebrate curiosity and clean up instead.


Technorati tags:
, , , , ,

0 Comments